Truly wireless: Ranger.
Our ability to remotely analyse machinery health has been greatly extended with the launch of our superior wireless technology.
Ranger is the first of our machinery health information systems that can be built as an entirely wireless installation.
With Ranger you can continuously monitor machinery in the most inaccessible environments and remotely monitor the health of essential machinery around the clock, automatically alerting you to potential problems and avoiding costly downtime. Our wireless technology makes it possible to monitor essential machinery where wiring is prohibitive.
What is Ranger?
The Ranger system consists of our award-winning Ascent software suite and four hardware modules: the Ranger Sensor (pictured, above), Ranger Booster, Ranger Station and the Ranger Bridge.
The Ranger Sensor module includes a biaxial accelerometer sensor and a temperature sensor. It is typically mounted on the rotating machinery being monitored then ‘sleeps' until either a scheduled recording is requested or it is ‘woken’ by unusually high vibration levels. With recommended usage, the wireless sensor battery will provide operation for up to 18 months.
The Ranger Booster module wirelessly receives measurement data from multiple Ranger Sensors, then forwards this data to a Ranger Station module. This re-transmission process greatly extends the wireless range between Ranger Sensor and Ranger Station modules.
The Ranger Station module collects measurement data transmitted by Ranger Sensor and Ranger Booster devices and feeds this information into a database for analysis by the Ascent software. The Ranger Station module also incorporates a tachometer input for speed measurements.
The Ranger Bridge is an optional wired module with 16 analog channels, two switching relays and two tachometer inputs. It is designed for fully wired installations and offers a variety of advanced measurement capabilities such as order tracking, offline measurements (stored to internal flash memory) and support for protocols such as SDI MODBUS.
Our award winning Ascent software is a comprehensive and powerful data analysis and archiving tool that allows you to set alarms, monitor trends and produce reports. The same installation of Ascent can support all of our wireless, wired and portable instruments.
Ranger System Features
- Modular, suitable for system expansion
- Self-healing network. In the event that communications are lost with one wireless component, modules will re-route through other nearby devices
- Dual-axis vibration readings
- Temperature measurements
- Speed measurements
- Wake on High Vibration (WoHV) function for autonomous 'wake from sleep' when pre-configured vibration levels are exceeded
- 4 to 16 measurement channels and expandable in the field (Ranger Bridge module)
- Powerful Ascent Level 3 vibration analysis software
- Automatic detection and reporting of alarms by e-mail or text message
Our wireless Ranger Sensor module suits:
- Machinery that operates constantly
- Machinery with constant speeds or slow changes in speed
- Critical assets where the cost or practicality of wiring is prohibitive
- Monitoring dynamic components of machines
- Setting up temporary installations to focus on specific machinery
Our traditional wired Ranger Bridge module suits:
- Machinery that operates intermittently
- Machines with highly variable speeds that change within a short timeframe
- Very frequent recordings
- Low speed machines below 600 RPM
- Critical assets where wiring is not prohibitive
If you are interested in becoming a Ranger early adopter please get in touch with us for more information.